Corporate Social Responsibility
BSG Civil Engineering Ltd is committed to making a positive different at both local and regional levels by working to engage, support and involve the communities in which we operate.
We view Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) as the management of our economic, environmental and social responsibilities to benefit our stakeholders and future generations.
Ensuring our business contributes to communities, BSG supports educational, environmental, social and economic activities, which enrich our people, supply chain, partners and clients in benefiting the wider communities.
Core values central to BSG’s CSR commitment are:
- Community Engagement & Involvement: We ensure our business genuinely contributes to the benefit of the community via the support of educational, environmental, social, charitable and economic support.
- Skills & Employment: We provide employment opportunities for all employees, supporting continued learning and development. Beyond our employees, support is provided to our supply chain, partners, clients and community groups for learning and development. We are committed to our Employees.
- Stakeholders: We treat our employees, customers, supply chain and communities with respect.
We recognise the need to be able to attract, recruit and retain employees with the potential, skills and experience necessary for the continued growth and development of our business. The commitments to our people are embodied within the following:
- Health & Safety and Wellbeing: Health and Safety is a key priority for our business. We are committed to maintaining and continuously improving standards of occupational health and safety for all our employees, subcontractors and those affected by our activities including members of the public.
- Equality and Diversity: We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment where all are treated with courtesy, dignity & respect, where everyone feels valued irrespective of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment, ensuring that no applicant/employee receives less favourable treatment.
- Learning and Development: We are committed to creating a learning culture and providing opportunities to ensure that our people are equipped with the skills and knowledge to maximise business effectiveness. We also support our people in realising their potential while contributing to the development of the business and the achievement of its objectives.
- Our Customers: We strive to satisfy our customers.
We work in partnership with our customers to deliver quality projects on time, safely and with due regard to the environment. We will work with, and support, them in developing sustainable solutions to meet their needs.
Our Communities: We promote good community relations.
By its very nature, new construction, refurbishment and management of buildings has an impact upon the local environment, the end users and the wider community. We take a proactive stance in ensuring that our work causes the minimum of disruption to our neighbours and their communities. We also aim to make a positive contribution by becoming involved with community initiatives and schemes, thereby promoting and enhancing good community relations.
Environmental Management: We strive to improve our environmental performance.
We acknowledge our responsibility to future generations. We take all reasonable steps to manage our operations so as to minimise our environmental impact and promote good environmental practice. We acknowledge our responsibility to the natural environment and strive to minimise any negative impact from our operations.
Energy and Resources: We will improve efficiency.
Climate change is one of the key environmental challenges our business faces and we are committed to regularly reviewing our business practices and performance to identify how we can reduce our requirements for energy, transport and water usage. We will also promote good practice in respect of recycling and waste minimisation. Where possible we will use alternative materials and methods to optimise the use of resources in collaboration with our clients and suppliers.
Innovation: We innovate to find balanced sustainable solutions.
Innovation is essential for the development of our business and for creating vibrant sustainable solutions in the built environment. We aim to stimulate sustainable solutions that balance economic, environmental and social issues. BSG Civil Engineering LTD believe that by acting upon these commitments, we are creating value for our customers, employees, shareholders and the broader society